Submit a Video and It Could Be Featured in the You Can Campaign
Sometimes life gets stressful—and who wouldn’t want more ideas for how to find calm and happiness in those moments? Share your happy place and inspire others to find their own. Send in your video for a chance to be featured in the You Can campaign, get paid for creating content, and have your name entered in a random drawing for five prizes of one $100 Amazon gift card.
This video project is open to everyone in Washington state, ages 13- to 17-years-old. All submissions must be sent by December 5, 2023.
What we need:
- A vertical video that’s 15-30 seconds long and shows a place that brings you joy or helps you relax.
- Examples of places include, but are not limited to: A public hiking trail, street, park, beach, forest, library, store or café, and outdoor or indoor space.
- A file format that is one of the following: MP4, MOV, or WMV.
- To see examples of what videos could look like, visit the You Can Instagram page.
- A short description of your video, like “My favorite library” or “Granite Falls, WA”.
- Your first name, city or state, email address, Instagram username, and confirmation that you are 13-17 years old.
Things to keep in mind:
- You can submit up to two videos, and each video must showcase a different place.
- The same video cannot be submitted by multiple people. If the same video is submitted by two or more people, only the earliest submission will be compensated. (Added 6/23/2023)
- For the best results, try to film in a relatively quiet space.
- For safety, videos cannot include any people or identifiable location markers—like an address. Pets are welcome!
- Videos cannot include any profanity, nudity, drugs, or drug paraphernalia. Plagiarized videos, e.g., internet stock videos or re-records of someone else’s video, will not be considered.
- By submitting a video, you are consenting to having your first name and location included in the video if the Washington State Department of Health selects it for use. Videos may or may not be used in future outreach, at the discretion of the Washington State Department of Health and partners.
- By submitting a video, teens are consenting to allow the Washington State Department of Health and their partners to use—and possibly edit for time and criteria—the footage in this and future outreach for the You Can campaign for up to two years following project close. Videos may be used individually or in compilation for promotion on campaign websites, social media, and other platforms, and may also be used by partners of the Washington State Department of Health to promote mental health and amplify their outreach efforts.
What participants get:
- A $20 Amazon gift card per submission.
- Participants will not receive compensation if their video does not meet the submission guidelines.
- One entry in a random drawing for five prizes of one $100 Amazon gift card.
- The final drawing will be done on December 7, 2023.
- Your name will only be added to the random drawing once, even if you submit two videos.
*Compensation will only be provided if the video meets the required guidelines. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROJECT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH HEREIN. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts, including submission of any false information, shall render entrants ineligible for any prize. We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the project for reasons including, but not limited to fraud, misconduct, regulatory requirements, acts of God, pandemics, or if any technical issues, programming errors or failures destroy or threaten the integrity of the project.