Getting Help

If you or a friend needs help, call the toll-free Teenlink at 1-866-TEEN-LINK. You can also call to find out about counseling for teens who want to stop using marijuana and other resources in your community. Don’t worry: it’s completely private, so your parents won’t find out.

Under Washington law, if you’re 13 or older, it’s confidential when you get medical care, drug/alcohol abuse services, or mental health counseling. No one else will find out, not even your parents/guardians—unless you want to tell them. Your doctor can’t talk to anyone else about it unless you say it’s ok—in writing. The only exception is if you share with the doctor that you’re in immediate danger of hurting yourself, hurting someone else, or being hurt.

More Information and Resources

You can find more information on the health effects and consequences highlighted on this website by visiting: